This collection contains materials related to the establishment of the Auxiliary fundraising board of the Houston Center for Hearing and Speech, formerly known as the Houston School for Deaf Children. Press clippings, school newsletters, copies of speeches, and gala and meeting invitations are all included.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Special Collections owns the physical items in our collections, but copyright normally belongs to the creator of the materials or their heirs. The researcher has full responsibility for determining copyright status, obtaining permission to publish from copyright holders, and abiding by current copyright laws when publishing or displaying copies of Special Collections material in print or electronic form. For more information, consult the appropriate librarian. Reproduction decisions will be made by Special Collections staff on a case-by-case basis.
The Center for Hearing and Speech (formerly known as the Houston School for Deaf Children) was established in 1947 by the parents of deaf children. The school focuses on teaching hearing impaired and deaf children to lip-read and use residual hearing to communicate orally with hearing individuals. This collection focuses on the Auxiliary of the Center for Hearing and Speech, which was founded in 1969 to raise funds for the school, which has a sliding tuition scale.
University of Houston Libraries Special Collections MD Anderson Library 4333 University Drive
Auxiliary of the Center for Hearing and Speech Records. Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries. To cite a specific item from this collection, please consult the most recent edition of your style manual for the proper formatting. See the Citing Special Collections Materials page for more information. https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/resources/269 Accessed April 07, 2020.