Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The George Kirksey Papers contain clippings, manuscripts, some correspondence, scrapbooks, and numerous photographs. Materials are dated between 1910 and 1971. The collection comprises 18 manuscript boxes and has 3,363 items. The collection is divided into several series, based on a particular function of Kirksey's life or by form (photographs, scrapbooks, and miscellaneous items). The collection arrived at the University of Houston Special Collections unorganized for the most...
Scope and Contents The papers of Leonor Villegas Magnón are organized into eight series: Correspondence, Biographical material, Publications/Manuscripts, Cruz Blanca documents, Texas and US history and politics, Women’s interests, Mexican history and politics, and Photographs. The collection contains correspondence, manuscripts and manuscript notes, personal biographical documents, and newspaper clippings. Of particular interest is information about La Cruz Blanca, La unión de progreso y caridad and her...
- Books 1
- Camp followers -- Mexico -- History 1
- Houston (Tex.) -- History 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Astrodome (Houston, Tex.) 1
- Hofheinz, Roy, 1912-1982 1
- Houston Astros (Baseball team) 1
- Houston Colt 45's (Baseball team) 1
- Kirksey, George Turner, 1904-1971 1