This collection contains eighty-eight vintage postcards collected by E. Virginia Barnett. The collection includes materials from Arkansas, California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, Oregon, Washington, and Washington D.C. Some items are booklets containing several views of a particular event or locale. The collection is organized by state, and then further subdivided by city.
This small collection deals entirely with the Port of Houston. It is comprised entirely of clippings and publications related to the history of the Port of Houston.
The M.L. Calk collection consists of eight letters that M.L. Calk wrote while he served with the 23rd Alabama Volunteer Infantry Regiment. Four of the letters are addressed to his mother, W.E. Calk, and four are addressed to his sister, Emma A. Calk. These handwritten letters, dating from December 9, 1861 through May 8, 1863, are accompanied by typed transcriptions. Several letters have additional writing in another hand.
This collection contains deeds, abstracts of title, legal files, real estate sales records, and many other materials related to businesses and properties held by various members of the Detering family from 1871-1989. The collection has been divided into five series: Properties, Legal Files, Trust and Estate Papers, Business Papers, and Financial Papers. Folders within each series (or subseries) are arranged chronologically.
This collection is housed in 9 boxes and organized into 5 series. The content of the collection consists of Houston Comets memorabilia documenting their four WNBA championship wins from years 1997 to 2000. In addition, general Houston Comets novelty items can be found in this collection dating from the years 1997 to 2003.
Houston Heights is situated northwest of downtown Houston, Texas. This Collection contains records from the Houston Abstract Company, the Houston Title Guaranty Company, the Stewart Title Company, and the Southern Abstract and Title Company. This collection consists of 10 abstracts of title and deed for the property in the Heights district, in the city of Houston and Harris County, filed from 1896 to 1941.