Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 22
This collection documents Casas’s career and life from 1946 to 2017, with the bulk of the materials focused in the 1980s and 1990s. Materials include copies of publications, original manuscripts, original sketches, exhibit pamphlets and catalogs, exhibit reviews, correspondence, original artworks, and posters. The collection contains materials in both English and Spanish.
This collection does not currently have a finding aid available online. For assistance, please contact Special Collections by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal papers of life partners Pat Gustavson, an architect and pediatric hematologist, and Mignon Weisinger, an artist, in Houston and Galveston. The papers document their life partnership, early and family lives, education, careers, and community.
[The Gustavson and Weisinger papers are being processed but are available for research. Please contact curator Joyce Gabiola at email@example.com with questions.]
The Dorothy Hood Papers are a collection of the Art Museum of South Texas and the University of Houston Libraries.
The personal papers of artist Dorothy Hood include correspondence, written works including a memoir and poetry, scrapbooks, catalogs and other publicity, photographs, financial documents, artifacts, and other materials.
The Houston Blacklight & Poster Company Posters include original posters produced by the Houston-based company in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The collection continues to grow as additional posters become available.
Posters remain copyrighted, and copyright may be held by Houston Blacklight & Poster Company or individual artists.
This collection contains materials dating back to 1979, when the Lawndale Art and Performance Center was formed. It includes exhibition announcements, posters, photographs, 35mm slides, artist correspondence, ephemera, and video related to exhibitions and programs presented by the art center.
The Lawndale records are not yet fully processed, but may be available for research. Please contact collection curator Christian Kelleher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The collection contains newsclippings and publicity of Raphaële’s work as well as slides, prints, photos, negatives and transparencies of her portfolio of work used in corporate ads by many of the largest and most prominent companies around the world.
This collection is not yet fully processed. For questions about materials in this collection or to request access, contact curator Vince Lee at email@example.com.
This collection consists of prints acquired by University of Houston Libraries Special Collections over the course of the department's existence. As available, description of each print includes title, artist, date, donor or provenance, and whether they are part of a larger work. Prints with little to no contextual information include a brief description of the image.
The records in this collection relate to artists who were represented by Betty Moody at certain points ranging from 1975-2012. The records primarily consist of administrative documents, like professional correspondence, price sheets, invoices, loan agreements, exhibition catalogs and invitations, mailing lists, and artist biographies
- Artists -- Texas -- Houston 6
- Photographs 5
- Correspondence 4
- Art 3
- Art -- Texas -- Houston 3
- Photographers 3
- Women artists -- Texas -- Houston 3
- Art galleries, Commercial -- Texas -- Houston 2
- Arts -- Texas -- Houston 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Administrative records 1
- African American artists 1
- Art and literature -- Texas -- Houston 1
- Art, Latin American 1
- Articles 1
- Artists 1
- Arts 1
- Awards 1
- Brochures 1
- Bylaws (administrative records) 1
- Celebrities 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1
- Feminism 1
- Financial records 1
- Fliers (printed matter) 1
- Houston (Tex.) 1
- Houston (Tex.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Lesbian couples -- Texas -- Houston 1
- Lithographs 1
- Minutes (administrative records) 1
- Newsletters 1
- No-Tsu-Oh 1
- Notes (documents) 1
- Periodicals 1
- Philosophy 1
- Photography 1
- Postcards 1
- Prints (visual works) 1
- Psychedelic art 1
- Publications (documents) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Socialites 1
- Texas 1
- Typescripts 1
- Women artists 1
- Women's rights 1 ∧ less
- Art Guys (Group) 1
- Bloom, Suzanne, 1943- 1
- Bradley, Loris A. 1
- Casas, Fernando Rodriguez 1
- Contemporary Arts Association (Houston, Tex.) 1
- Contemporary Arts Museum (Houston, Tex.) 1
- DeSoto, Ben 1
- DiverseWorks Artspace 1
- Flaxman, Thomas 1
- Galbreth, Michael, 1956- 1
- Gustavson, Lillian Patricia, 1928-2016 1
- Hill, Ed, 1935- 1
- Hood, Dorothy, 1918-2000 1
- Houston Blacklight & Poster Company 1
- Lawndale Art and Performance Center (Houston, Tex.) 1
- Long, Bert L. 1
- Malandain, Raphaële 1
- Manual 1
- Massing, Jack, 1959- 1
- Moody Gallery (Houston, Tex.) 1
- Randolph, Lynn, 1938- 1
- Robinson Galleries (Houston, Tex.) 1
- Robinson, Thomas V. 1
- Romansky, Alvin 1
- Rubin, Janice 1
- Russell, Ben 1
- Staley, Earl V. 1
- Thomas V. Robinson Gallery 1
- Topek, Toby 1
- Trammell, Vikki 1
- University of Houston. Libraries. Special Collections and Archives Department 1
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987 1
- Weisinger, Mignon M., 1925-2001 1
- Women in the Visual and Literary Arts 1 ∧ less